The MUSH policy, rules, etc files are outdated. Here are a few items you will miss unless you are aware of them.
- Alternate XP
- RP Logs
- Dark Side Score
- Using Dark Side Points
- Dark Rage
- Sheet Fixes/Do-overs
- Alt Policy
- House Rules
- Getting Rooms Built
- Technology Status
- Prerequisites: Alternate XP cannot be used to fulfill a prerequisite for any class, feat, or talent.
- Experience: When spending Alternate XP, the expenditure cannot drop your XP total below the amount needed for your current level.
- Ability Points: Alternate XP Ability Points work in pairs just like those bought at level up. Each alt-xp purchase makes up two distinct Ability Scores. (STR and CHA, but not STR and STR)
- Special Feats: Force Training, Force Regimen Mastery, Starship Maneuvers as Feats can not be bought using Alternate XP. You can purchase individual items under them under the Force Power purchase rule of alternate XP.
- Restricted Languages:When purchasing restricted languages, the player must provide justification for how they learned the restricted language via a separate +request.
- Force/Destiny Points: Force Points and Destiny Points don't have a life-time limit on how many you can purchase, unlike all other items. This is indicated by it having a static cost.
- Banned Force Powers: Fold Space is a banned power, not just restricted.
- Logging of RP (role-play) scenes to the wiki is encouraged, though not required under regular circumstances.
- We ask that any logs posted to the wiki are kept to a PG-13 level. Please remove any parts that may be inappropriate.
- In order to receive rewards of any sort from any kind of approved PRP (Player Run Plot) or event, the log must be formatted and submitted to the wiki.
- A character whose Dark Side Score is equal to their Wisdom Attribute may be compelled by Staff to take an action at any time. Failure to abide by this action will result in a -2 CT Penalty. This is to more closely align with what is in the Saga Edition Rulebook regarding losing ones character.
- A character whose Dark Side Score is equal to their Wisdom Attribute can not use force powers with the [Light Side] descriptor.
- A character with a Dark Side Score greater than 0 can not use a Force Point to activate the Special on a Force Power with the [Light Side] descriptor.
A player may choose to gain a Dark Side Point in exchange for any one of the following -
- 2 Force Points
- Rolling 4d6 on a force point spend
- Dealing an additional 1/2 damage on an successful attack
- Recovering double HP on second wind
- Recover 2 steps on the Condition Track
- Other benefits may be included at a future time.
This force power, at present, is remaining unchanged. However, players who do not properly RP the Rage part of the power will be subject to losing it. Rage is a singular focus, Hulk Smash, Destroy all things, etc. Too often Rage is simply being I hit harder now. Should this power continue to be misrepresented, it will undergo a mechanical change. We are placing the onus on the players to properly reflect this.
When a character goes into Full Encounter Dark Rage (by spending an FP), they have to continue fighting enemies, until there are none left. At that point, allies are considered enemies. They can either -1 CT Step to ignore the Dark Side's influence (per round), or they can attack an ally.
Improved Dark Rage eliminates this element, though one is still expected to RP out the unbridled anger within.
- If your character is less than 30 days old, and is your first character, you may +request a sheet do-over at staff discretion.
- If a Prestige Class has been added/removed/modified you may request a sheet modification if needed.
Dawn of Defiance recognizes that some players enjoy having multiple alternate characters to play to offer them a variety of options. While the administration encourages this behavior we do have limits on alts which are as follows.
1) Players are limited to 4 Alternate Characters (No Exceptions)
2) You may only have one character in any organization. The exception to this is the Independents and Resistance factions. You may have multiple Independents or Resistance-aligned characters, but they may not be part of the same group or interact in any way - See Alt Conflicts.
3) You may only have two force user characters.
4) All Alts must be registered to the same email address.
5) Alt Conflicts are of serious concern. Should Admin discover you utilizing Alts in any IC manner or OOC manner to benefit another character, the penalty will be permament loss of the character and ability to create Alts in the future. A player cannot use IC information gained from another Alt, direct players OOCly to benefit their Alts, or conduct themselves in any manner that blurs the lines. It is pretty straight forward and if you feel the need to ask 'Would this be an Alt Conflict?' then yeah, it is.
Alt Requirements: (Nom requirements are across all alts)
- 1st Alternate Character - 30 days of activity or 40 +noms.
- 2nd Alternate Character - 60 days of activity or 80 +noms.
- 3rd Alternate Character - 90 days of activity or 120 +noms.
- Only 2 of the alts are allowed to be Tier I (Level 8) (See +help Tiers).
- Retirement of a character does not guarantee a replacement alt.
Various House Rules:
- There are special rules for the use of sword-like weapons with Lightsaber Forms/Powers. See the in-game helpfile: Dark Times Lightsabers
- There are special rules Character Agency which can be found in the in-game helpfile: Character Agency
- Force Adept requires two Force Talents as its pre-requisite.
- You can not Exceptional Skill: Use The Force
There is a +locations system within the game which can be used for purchasing in-game locations. These can be personal homes, extra Rp locations, or businesses. It is highly recommended that those interested in starting an IC business contact staff via +request so that we can register that you are doing so.
The Enlighten power's Swift is for 'The target may use the check result instead of one attack roll, skill check or opposed check', the Reaction is for 'the target can use the check result in place of one of its defenses until the start of your next turn'.
- Adding a roll to a job is: +myjob/roll JOB#=Roll
Military technology has advanced at a different rate on Dawn of Defiance than in canon. Below is a list of currently available, outdated, and not-yet-in-use ships and vehicles of the Imperial Military:
Capital Ships - Current:
- Victor-class Star Destroyer (Victory II)
- Venator-class Star Destroyer
- Acclamator II-class Assault Ship
- Acclamator I-class Assault Ship
- Carrack-class Light Cruiser
- CR90 Corellian Corvette
- Pelta-Class Frigate
- MedStar-class Frigate
- IPV-1 System Patrol Craft
Capital Ships - Experimental or limited:
- Imperial-class Star Destroyer
- Interdictor-class Cruiser
- Gladiator-class Star Destroyer
- Mandator II-class Star Dreadnaught
- Aggressor-class Corvette (homebrew)
Capital Ships - Phased out:
- Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruiser
- Marauder Corvette
Capital Ships - Not yet in use or never developed:
- Lancer-class Frigate
- Nebulon-B Frigate
- Tartan-class Patrol Cruiser
- Victory I-class Star Destroyer
Starfighters and Shuttles - Current:
- TIE Prototype
- TIE Fighter
- Theta-class Shuttle
- Nu-class Assault Shuttle
- Skipray Blastboat
Starfighters and Shuttles - Experimental or limited:
- TIE Bomber
- Lambda-class Shuttle
Starfighters and Shuttles - Phased out:
- V-19 Torrent
- Kappa-class shuttle
Starfighters and Shuttles - Not yet in use or never developed:
- Sigma-class Shuttle
- Sentinel-class Landing Craft
- Eta-class Shuttle
Ground Vehicles - Current:
- 74-Z speeder bike
Ground Vehicles - Experimental or limited:
Ground Vehicles - Phased out:
- Saber-class Assault Tank
- BARC speeder
Ground Vehicles - Not yet in use or never developed: